Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Come align for the big fight to rock for you

Important things you should know about Guitar Hero III:
  1. They improved the graphics of the arenas. This means dick while you're trying to play a blistering solo, but it's nice to see they tried.
  2. They added a two-player cooperative career mode, which is cool; it has a completely different setlist setup and different songs, which is cooler.
  3. The boss fights are awesome, even if Tom Morello is a pushover.
  4. No matter which guitarist you pick, he/she won't show up in the cut scenes.
  5. Yes, there are cut scenes.
  6. Just because a song sucks, that doesn't mean it isn't fun to play. Case in point: "Same Old Song and Dance" by Aerosmith.
  7. To be honest...Guitar Hero II was better. At least, so far. I haven't been all the way through the list. I started a career on Hard and told myself I'd stop and go to bed once I failed a song -- I got as far as "The Metal" before dying. Oh well. There's always tomorrow.
  8. "Cherub Rock" is much, much harder than it sounds. Damn you, three-note chords!
That is all.

Oh, wait: have you watched Heroes yet? Let's just say that what Peter found in the apartment in Montreal was the very last thing I wanted him to find. "Hey, an impending catastrophe that threatens New York City, and only I can stop it! Boy, I'm glad this has never happened to me before!"

Hey, if you can't remember it, it's new to you!


----------------
Now playing: Smashing Pumpkins - Cherub Rock
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment