Monday, July 16, 2007

You should keep reading, it was a good list

You'll recall that I posted a list a little more than a week ago regarding the songs I felt should be included in the game Rock Band.

Well, no one at Harmonix is reading. But it's fun to pretend they are, because they just announced a few more songs that will go in the game.
  • "Wanted Dead or Alive," Bon Jovi. Not on my list. But I thought about it; I rejected it because, frankly, I don't like it very much. But it will certainly be fun to play.
  • "Tom Sawyer," Rush. Hey -- that one's on my list! Good on you, Harmonix!
  • "Learn to Fly," Foo Fighters. That's not on my list, but "I'll Stick Around" was. Right band, wrong song.
  • "Welcome to the Jungle," Guns N' Roses. Again: right band, wrong song. But I imagine "Welcome to the Jungle" is a more feasible choice than "November Rain," anyway.
  • "Enter Sandman," Metallica. Okay, for real, you guys, if you're gonna--
Wait.

"Enter Sandman," Metallica.

Holy shit, they're actually putting Metallica in the game.

Hell, "One" was a joke -- I put it number one because I knew Metallica would never, ever make it into the game. And now...they're in? And they say that a "substantial" number of Metallica songs will be in the game.

Well done, Harmonix. Very well done, indeed.

Also, "Vasoline" by the Stone Temple Pilots will be included, and I should've thought of that myself.

But you wanna hear the best part? I mean, aside from the Metallica? They're going to release additional albums -- not songs, you hear, but entire albums -- for download. The first of these? Who's Next, by the Who. One of the very bestest albums ever friggin' recorded. We're be able to play "Baba O'Reilly"! "Behind Blue Eyes"! "Won't Get Fooled Again"! Flippin' "Bargain"!

Can I have this game now, please?

No comments:

Post a Comment