Friday, July 06, 2007

List of the Week: The 20 Songs That Have to Be in Rock Band

(Yeah, I'm going to start doing my lists again. We'll see how long it lasts.)

Obviously, you know all about Rock Band. It remains to be seen how well this GREATEST IDEA EVER will actually work in practice, and the price is steep, but it's hard not to be excited about it.

They're still making the game, but with all that programming and beta-testing going on, they may need some assistance with the soundtrack. Hey -- I'm here to help.

When I sat down to write this list, I learned that three of the first songs that occurred to me as perfect choices -- "In Bloom," "Won't Get Fooled Again," and "Say It Ain't So" -- have already been confirmed as being in the game. Score points for me, then. So here are twenty other songs that should be in Rock Band. They're in the order that I thought of them rather that any sort of ranking, but the #1 song is the one I think would be the best choice for the game.
  1. "One," Metallica
  2. "Whole Lotta Love," Led Zeppelin
  3. "Honky Tonk Women," The Rolling Stones
  4. "Flagpole Sitta," Harvey Danger
  5. "Evenflow," Pearl Jam
  6. "Zombie," The Cranberries
  7. "All Along the Watchtower," Jimi Hendrix
  8. "Float On," Modest Mouse
  9. "Money," Pink Floyd
  10. "I'll Stick Around," Foo Fighters
  11. "Judith," A Perfect Circle
  12. "Paranoid Android," Radiohead
  13. "Tom Sawyer," Rush
  14. "Sleep Now in the Fire," Rage Against the Machine
  15. "Layla," Derek and the Dominos
  16. "Seven Nation Army," The White Stripes
  17. "November Rain," Guns N' Roses ("Welcome to the Jungle" is in the gameplay video that's going around the internet, but it hasn't been confirmed as actually being in the game. Screw that song: "November Rain" is a better choice.)
  18. "Until the End of the World," U2
  19. "Torn," Creed (remember, it's their only great song)
  20. "Beat It," Michael Jackson
You're welcome, Harmonix.

(And my god the licenses for my game would expensive, huh?)

No comments:

Post a Comment