Friday, July 20, 2007

Going off the grid

Four years ago, I very nearly had the ending of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix spoiled for me. I didn't get the book right away, and soon after its publication, a newspaper in Toronto published an obituary for, um, the character that dies, and I almost read it. I managed to click the "back" button fast enough to avoid reading the name. (And look at that -- the book is four years old, and I'm still not willing to spoil the ending. Ain't I grand?)

Not again! I will not inadvertently have The Deathly Hallows spoiled or revealed to me in any fashion. With my copy set to arrive tomorrow by owl package delivery person, I will go into complete radio silence until I'm finished. I'm not taking any chances. I'm going to sign off the internet, and I won't be watching any TV, outside of what I have already DVR'd.

See you on the other side.

(Thankfully, I read really fast. It shouldn't be long.)

No comments:

Post a Comment