Monday, May 07, 2007

How shall we fuck off, O Lord?

So I wrote yesterday that Roger Clemens was an egomaniac who went back to the Yankees because they would act it was the second coming (well, fourth or fifth coming by now, I guess) of the messiah and lay down offerings of gold and sacrifice at his feet.

I wrote that yesterday, without realizing how Clemens made this announcement: he upstaged a game in progress by speaking from the owner's box at Yankee Stadium! During the seventh-inning stretch, this announcement was made, by Clemens, on the big screen at Yankee Stadium. A sane person would have made the announcement from behind a podium, during a press conference, after the game. A maniac would have gone the Clemens route.

Even funnier is that he got exactly the reaction he wanted: the Stadium erupted in joy, and I heard a clip of some radio announcer guy that sounded like the unholy union between Fran Drescher and Sheila Broflowski having an on-air orgasm. "Oh my gawd! Rawga Clemens is back as a Yankee! He's in the bawx, with Steenbrenna, oh my gawd!"

Well, you can't say the Rocket doesn't know what he's doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment