Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The following post is brought to you by Just Brakes

Three or four times a day, I hear these commercials for Just Brakes. It takes the form of a telephone conversation between a helpful Just Brakes employee and a prospective customer. They do all sorts of repair crap to your brake system for "only $99.88 in most cases." I remember that because they say it about seven times in thirty seconds.

Anyway. At one point in the ad, the prospective customer asks if she can make an appointment for next week. But the helpful employee says something to the effect of, "We recommend you come in right away. Failing to fix brake problems immediately could lead to a real brake system nightmare, easily doubling or tripling the cost of repairs!"

No shit: I just spent five hundred dollars fixing my brakes.

Kill me. Kill me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment