Saturday, August 28, 2004

I notice things

So I'm over at the official John Kerry website -- I stumbled across it while reading something else -- and browsing through the "issues" section. Each little portion describes in detail what the Kerry-Edwards tag team will do on a number of issues once they're elected.

Now, that doesn't bother me -- I happen to agree with a lot of it. What I notice after the sixth or seventh page is that John Kerry is always referred to as "John Kerry" -- full name. A dozen times a page: John Kerry. John Kerry. John Kerry. John Kerry. Never Senator Kerry, or just Kerry. Always first and last name. John Kerry.

Don't know why this bothers me. I know why it's done -- you have to pound the name of the candidate into the voter's head, over and over, to insure they remember it. I just feel sorry for the poor bastard who had to type "John Kerry" four hundred times to build the section on education.

Something else I noticed: I'm reading through the liner notes of Everclear's Songs from an American Movie, Vol. 2, (recorded in the fall of 2000 and released at the very end of that year) and come across this:

We would like to congratulate President-elect Al Gore; if by some strange chance he didn't win, well...you can't blame us for wishful thinking.

Something I'm sure you noticed: I didn't see any movies today. I'll keep you posted.


I'm just an actor, just like Robert fucking Redford

No comments:

Post a Comment