Thursday, August 19, 2004

Guess who's back

I'm updating my blog for the first time in over two weeks. This is noteworthy only because I'm doing it from my apartment.

Aw yeah. The internet is back home. No more trips to the library, no more waiting for a computer, no more standing there, no more paying ten cents to print something, no more any of that crap. I'M HOME! YEAH!

So, I should be updating this more often, since I no longer have an excuse.

For now, the questions are these:

1) What the fuck happened to Jonathan Demme? He goes from Philadelphia, Stop Making Sense, and the Ultimate Motion Picture, The Silence of the Lambs, to this pale, tepid remake of The Manchurian Canidate? You're kidding, right? Denzel's good, Liev's there, and I can't tell if Meryl Streep was so good she seemed out of place or if she was so bad she seemed out of place. The movie left me dizzy. Rating: *, just better than The Bloodletting of the Christ. Or whatever.

2) Should documentaries be eligible for Best Picture? When I make my Top 10 of 2004, should documentaries be on it, or should there be a seperate list? Because as of right now, docs take up two spots in the top five (and Metallica: Some Kind of Monster is currently my choice for Best Film of the Year). What do you think?

3) For those who have read both: which is better, "The Outlet" or "The Sum of His Parts"? This is just a curiosity thing.

That's it. Expect more from me. Possibly tomorrow. Or even later tonight. Hey now!

It'd be better for us if you don't understand
Even better for me if you don't understand

No comments:

Post a Comment