Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Typical situation

A timeline of this afternoon:

1:30 PM. Returned home from Job Number Two. Checked e-mail, checked my RSS reader for website updates. Decided to work on my short-story-in-progress, "Stealing Signs."

1:45 PM. No work done.

2:15 PM. No work done.

2:25 PM. No work done.

2:35 PM. Did some mild reorganizing of my 100 Favorite Albums list, worked on a new version of my 100 favorite songs list, read the Wikipedia articles on a few Modest Mouse albums. Designed an awesome Modest Mouse playlist for my iPod. No words written on the short story.

2:45 PM. Grabbed my notebook, left the house. Went to Village Pizza and Seafood. Ordered a sandwich and some onion rings. Alone, with no distractions, wrote three pages in fifteen minutes.

Same as it ever was. My apartment is the enemy of productivity.

----------------
Now playing: Modest Mouse - The Stars Are Projectors
via FoxyTunes

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Did you know that my new album is out? You can buy it at my website. Thought you might like to know. (c:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *did* know, actually. And I'll buy a copy the nanosecond I have the cash. Which should be this week.

    Man: *all* musicians I like should leave comments on my blog when they have new material available. I could get used to that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh, glad to be of help. (c: And I'm glad you got a lot of writing done too.

    ReplyDelete