Friday, February 15, 2008

Damn you, Google!

As promised, the new episode of That's When I Reach for My Revolver is up. The title changed again, as you see. It's a good thing I let it sit for a few days, too -- upon further review, I found I'd neglected to include an entire character's plot. Oops. This was corrected, and the word count expanded well beyond my original goal. Uh, yay, I s'pose.

Unfortunately, as you'll notice if you head over there, I can't publish the episode directly to the blog. I wrote in Word, see, then uploaded it to Google Documents, thinking I could publish it straight to the blog from there. And I can, except for two problems: 1) the episode is apparently too long, and Google Docs simply no-sells my publishing attempts; and 2) even if it did work, a shorter test post proved that it would jack my formatting all to hell.

So, instead, I just posted it as a separate document via Google Docs, as I did with "The Great Decree." I hope this doesn't upset anyone too much.

A few notes. At one point, the stage directions call for the song "Thirty-three" by Smashing Pumpkins. If you have this song on your computer, by all means play it when it comes up. If not, you can play this video in another browser window.

You may remember me talking about a Revolver short story, which I started and abandoned. I threw it out because most of it was simply an excuse to tell one simple anecdote about Patrick and Rebecca, and that was the only part I cared about. Well, look no further: that anecdote is the one Rebecca tells Angela in scene three. And no, it's not in part inspired by an actual event in the author's life, how silly of you to think that.

I think that's it. Any questions or comments, you know where to find me. In the meantime, enjoy the episode. If you like it, tell your friends. Also, if you like it, tell me. I like feedback.

And when you're done, here's the one and only Van Morrison. No one has a good video of "Astral Weeks," so here's a rather boisterous live version of "Cyprus Avenue," which is on the same album.



----------------
Now playing: Van Morrison - Astral Weeks
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment