Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The perfection of the metaphor boggles the mind

About a year ago, I switched to a hyper-cool houston-astros.net e-mail address. While signing up for this free service, my laptop's keyboard developed schizophrenia. When you hit the right arrow, the cursor goes right, then left...sometime right, then left twice. When you hit the down arrow, it hits down and left at the same time. When you hit the END key, it hits SHIFT at the same time. When you hit HOME, it also hits DEL for you. Some of the letter keys are like this, too, but not all of them, and not all the time. I use an external keyboard now.

Also, I've received complaints -- well, it wasn't really a complaint, per se, 'cause it was FRINAN, and I have the feeling he didn't mind all that much -- that my e-mails weren't getting to their destinations. At all. Maybe this happened, maybe it didn't. But I've grown weary of my houston-astros.net address working exactly as well as the Houston Astros bullpen, so I've switched to Gmail.

So I'm now at evilgenius815@gmail.com. You can still e-mail me through the old Astros address if you want, though I can't assure you I'll actually get it.

René: I sent your spiffy one-off Hunter character yesterday. If you didn't get it, you should probably send me a message.

No comments:

Post a Comment