Thursday, September 09, 2004

Load up on guns, bring your friends

So the ban on assault weapons expires on Monday. You can read all about this from whichever news source you prefer. (Except maybe one, they might be ignoring it, and I don't think you need me to say to which one I'm referring.) As of Monday, you can once again legally make, sell, buy, and own a TEC-9. This pleases the NRA, and pisses me off...not surprising, since anything that makes the NRA happy is going to piss me off, generally speaking. They're just not my kind of people, you could say.

Fearless Leader, of course, supports an extension for the ban. And by that I mean he's allowing it to expire with no effort at all. He says he'll sign an extension, but then turns around and does nothing to support said extension. Hmm -- saying one thing, doing something else. That's called "hypocrisy." If one were slightly more simple-minded, one might refer to it as "flip-flopping." Something the Bush campaign has been accusing John Kerry of. Wait -- Bush? A lying hypocrite? No!

I'm almost done with the list. Next couple of days, you'll see it up here. But if I don't, please don't go out and buy an AK-47 and hunt me down.


and I swear that I don't have a gun

No comments:

Post a Comment