Saturday, September 18, 2004

J.: 1. Silent Hill 4: 0.

In just over fourteen hours, Silent Hill 4 has been defeated. I got the bad ending, of course, but that couldn't be helped.

On the whole, I'll give the game ****1/2. It's better than SH3, and certainly scarier, but it lacks one of Silent Hill's best elements: the puzzles. There are absolutely no puzzles anywhere in this game. At all. And the game slips ever-so-slightly into monotony towards the end, sending you back through already-completed areas for a second trip. But the story is compelling, the graphics and sound are top-notch, and the game remains entertaining all the way to the end. I'm obviously biased toward the series, though, as you may have noticed.

I also found something interesting earlier: Silent Hill fan fiction. Yeah. I won't link you to the site, because the writing was so bad that I couldn't finish more than a page or two of the first story, but I thought it intriguing nonetheless.


anyone perfect must be lying

No comments:

Post a Comment