Sunday, September 19, 2004

And the winner is...

After months of tough competition, Lars Ulrich stands victorious as the winner of the Best Line So Far This Year poll, receiving a third of the vote. Here's what Lars had to say upon being notified of this glorious triumph:

"Well, the first thing I gotta do, like you were expecting, is I gotta thank Jethro Tull for not putting out a movie this year, right? HAHA!"

Uh, sure. Well said, Lars. It should be noted that his win was not an easy one: he defeated Tobey Maguire and Pai Mei by only a single vote. Yes, every vote matters here at jwalkernet!

[For those of you who are wondering, the above is not actually a quote from Lars Ulrich. I paraphrased from his 1992 Grammy acceptance speech. Though if you actually thought Lars had responded to winning my poll, I'm amazed you managed to find this website.]

With that poll gone, it's time for a new one. And I thought I'd make it about something other than movies. Go look at it. Vote. And get your friends to vote, too. I'm hearing lots of conflicting reports regarding polls of that sort, and it'd be nice for me to conduct a serious one of my own. So speak your voice, and remember: This Election Day, if you vote, you might get laid.


everybody wants to rule the world

No comments:

Post a Comment