Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Weekly Chart: 6/9-6/15

Sorry about the dearth of material in the last few days -- I've had other distractions, some spotty internet connectivity, and I...well, frankly, haven't had anything to talk about. Steady posting resumes this evening.

For now, here's the chart I would've posted on Sunday had I not forgotten about it. An offhand comment made in an email sent me scrambling for the crazy comfort of my Mars Volta albums, and they take this week easily. It helps that their best song, "Cassandra Gemini," is split into eight separate tracks.

A strong showing also from Coldplay, whose new album -- Viva la Vida, or Death and All His Friends -- is the best of their career by far (and the best U2 album since Achtung Baby -- *rimshot*). Also, Devo. Because they are awesome, goddammit.

1. The Mars Volta (62 plays)
2. Jonathan Coulton (42)
3. Queens of the Stone Age (34)
4. Coldplay (32)
5. Devo (24)
6. Bright Eyes (19)
7. The Rolling Stones (10)
8. Elton John (9)
8. Radiohead (9)
10. The Kinks (8)

See the entire list here.

----------------
Now playing: Dire Straits - Money for Nothing
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment