Thursday, June 05, 2008

Like a dart stuck square in your eye

YouTube is filled with videos of people covering songs in their living rooms. I find myself perusing them at random sometimes. Most of them are, unsurprisingly, bad. But every once in a while...

This is katem3, and her version of "A Comet Appears" by the Shins. It equals, or perhaps -- dare I say -- surpasses the original. I can't stop listening to it.



The internet is a good thing, kids.

----------------
Now playing: The Rolling Stones - I Got the Blues
via FoxyTunes

3 comments:

  1. So you dare to say, perhaps... that the Shins are even more off-key in the original?

    In seriousness, she's not that bad, but it's not saying a whole hell of a lot in the world of YouTube song covers.

    And no, I refuse to ever believe that the Internet is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:35 AM

    Hi, I'm Kate. I did this cover.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or not, in this case.
    I agree that this cover's a little crap to be honest. It was ages ago I did it...

    I'd definitely do it better now.

    But hey, I'm not here to change any opinions. Just thought I'd put my 2 cents in.

    Thanks, again.

    Kate X

    ReplyDelete