Sunday, June 22, 2008

Weekly Chart: 6/16-6/22

Shortly after its release, I picked up Death Cab for Cutie's new album, Narrow Stairs. I was completely taken with the first single, "I Will Possess Your Heart," but after downloading the entire record, I promptly forgot about it and never listened to it. I finally caught up with it this week, and guess what? It's one of the greatest albums I've ever heard in my life. To say that it's dominated my iPod since is an understatement: not only does it win, and win handily, and easily eclipse any mark by any artist in any previous week, but all those plays are since Thursday. Seriously, find this album now. No, right now.

The rest of the chart is filled out by other fantastic music I couldn't stop listening to. Coldplay's new album remains incredible, and only gets better every time; Vampire Weekend doesn't sound anything like their name would imply, and is one of the best new bands out there right now; and where has the Hold Steady been all my life?

1. Death Cab for Cutie (81 plays)
2. Coldplay (52)
3. Vampire Weekend (32)
4. Bright Eyes (31)
5. The Hold Steady (30)
6. Dire Straits (17)
7. Devo (16)
8. Genesis (14)
9. The Hives (12)
10. The Vines (8)
10. Michael Jackson (8)

...Yeah, that's right, motherfuckers. Michael Jackson. Do something.

See the entire list here.

----------------
Now playing: Death Cab for Cutie - Bixby Canyon Bridge
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment