Tuesday, October 12, 2004

History, happening right before your eyes

So I guess I was right: I didn't have to say anything to the Astros. They summoned up their own intenstinal fortitude, grabbed their bats, and slaughtered the Braves 12-3. That's what I'm talking about.

ASTROS WIN~! ASTROS WIN~! ASTROS WIN~!

And it's on to the second round of the playoffs for Houston for the first time since ever. Yes, it's against the best team in the league, the Cardinals. St. Louis did indeed beat the shit out of everyone in the majors this year. In fact, only one team in all of baseball had a winning record against them.

Now let's see, who was that...hmm...I should know this....it was...I think....

Ah, yes: the Houston Astros.

"Bring," as they say, "it on."

On a much sadder note: former Astro Ken Caminiti is dead. They're saying "heart attack." He was 41 with a known history of heavy drug use. You do the math.

Even sadder: Christopher Reeve. What can I say?


I'm only a man in a silly red sheet
digging for kryptonite on this one way street

No comments:

Post a Comment