Monday, October 06, 2003

Okay, so it's been a while. Why haven't I posted? Short answer: "I didn't feel like it." Long answer: "(pause) I didn't feel like it."

So, yeah. I saw Lost in Translation: ****1/2, best film of the year so far. Great flick. Saw The Rundown: ***1/2. I think the Rock might just become an action star after all. How about that. Now it's all about Kill Bill and Intolerable Cruelty.

I was complaining about our government (I know, big surprise) to someone yesterday, and I had to once again listen to that stupid "Well, why don't you just go live somewhere else then?" garbage. They ask me how I'd feel if I was living in a country where I wasn't allowed to complain about the government.

"You mean," I said, "what if I lived in a country where, if I spoke out against my leaders, I would be harrassed and told to shut up or leave the country?"

"Yeah!"

"Um...I do."

Can anyone tell me where I can get a desktop wallpaper of an upside-down American flag?


And as we wind on down the road
Our shadows taller than our souls
There walks a lady we all know
Who shines white light and wants to show
How everything still turns to gold
And if you listen very hard
The truth will come to you at last
When all is one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll

No comments:

Post a Comment