Friday, October 10, 2003

Good news: The Lion King (#28 on the Essentials list) is out on DVD. It's about freakin' time.

Bad news: "Morning Report," the all-new song added to the film, is really quite bad. It's unnecessary and messes with the flow of the movie. Plus, it means it takes longer to get to "Just Can't Wait to Be King" and "Be Prepared." Luckily, you can watch the film without it, so I won't have to firebomb Disney in retaliation.

In keeping with the whole Lion King madness, there's a new poll over there. VOTE!

Speaking of voting: Ahnold is the governor of California. Since I don't live there, and haven't lived there since 1989, I really don't much give a damn, but I also don't think it's an "embarassment to democracy" or anything. I mean, why do we assume that just because he's Ahnold, he'll make a bad governor? Sure, he might make a horrible leader, and if he does, I'll be the first to say so. But hey, Ronald Regan was an actor before he became governor of California and eventually President, and he was a....

Okay, bad example.


I know it sounds sordid
But you'll be rewarded
When at last I am given my dues
And injustice deliciously squared
Be prepared!

No comments:

Post a Comment