Thursday, October 23, 2003

In memoriam: Elliot Smith. Nothing I could say would be better than what a friend of mine did, so I'll just say it's a sad, tragic thing.

I actually came up with an idea for a short play I was going to start writing tonight, but a large part of it involves two characters discussing suicide at length; it seemed a little unnerving (not to mention depressing as all hell) to write this after hearing about Elliot, so I'll put if off for a week or so.

Onto baseball. In the fictional world, the Oklahoma Tornados are now 42-16, far and away the best team in baseball. It's actually scary how good we are. Out of boredom, I simmed the rest of the season just to see what would happen. We ended up 110-52 and walked away with the world title. Awesomeness.

In the real world, the Marlins tried to give away Game 4, but came back to win in the 12th off a homer by Alex Gonzales. So what we have is now the exact same situation as in the ALCS: Yanks lose Game 1. They win Game 2 at home, then beat the other team's ace (Pedro for Boston, Josh Beckett for Florida) in Game 3, then lose Game 4 despite late inning heroics from Ruben Sierra. It's scary, isn't it?

I still hold to my prediction (delusion?) of the Marlins' victory in seven games. Yes, I'm a lunatic.


Next door, the TV's flashing
Blue frames on the wall
It's a comedy of errors, you see
It's about taking a fall

To vanish to oblivion
Is easy to do
And I try to be, but you know me
I come back when you want me to
Do you miss me, Miss Misery
Like you say you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment