Thursday, November 16, 2006

The Necessity of Living: The Demon Days Soundtrack, Vol. 1

Behold: the official soundtrack to Demon Days, our Hunter game. This is less music from the game (though some of it is) and more music selected because it reminds us of the game. Or something like that. I don't know.

It's a pretty well-established tradition by now: every game I run, I assemble a soundtrack CD for it. The first one was a Vampire soundtrack about four years ago; there's been at least one disc per game ever since (the games that lasted, anyway -- those that made it only to their third or fourth session before being abandoned never got their soundtracks).

I did run into a problem with this soundtrack, though: each major character always gets a theme song, and then I toss in a few Main Themes to round out the disc and stand for the game as a whole. But this time, there just aren't that many major characters. So each of the Hunters now gets two songs.

So, here's your track listing.

1. Main Theme 1: "Gimme Shelter," The Rolling Stones
War, children: it's just a shot away

2. Lucy: "Bad Day," R.E.M.
I sigh, "Not one more…"

3. Dean: "Boulevard of Broken Dreams," Green Day
My shadow's the only one that walks beside me

4. Dan: "Young Pilgrims," The Shins
Fate isn't what we're up against

5. Willem: "Drive In, Drive Out," Dave Matthews Band
Laugh at what I cannot change, then I throw it all on the pyre again

6. Edgar: "All These Things That I've Done," The Killers
You know you got me help me out, yeah, no, don't you put me on the back burner

7. Whole group: "Just Another Day," Oingo Boingo
And just when I think that things are in their place, the heavens are secure, the whole thing explodes in my face

8. Willem: "Better Than You," Metallica
You can't bring me down

9. Edgar: "Everything's Not Lost/Life Is for Living," Coldplay
When I counted up my demons, I saw there was one for every day

10. Dean: "Bring Yourself," Days of the New
The world that you know is the world left behind

11. Lucy: "Sing Along," Blue Man Group w/ Dave Matthews
If I tell you I'm strong, will you play along?

12. Dan: "Rainy Day Women #12 & 35," Bob Dylan
Everybody must get stoned

13. Whole group: "Courage," The Tragically Hip
It couldn't come at a worse time

14. Charlie and Rico: "Feel Good Inc.," Gorillaz
We gonna ghost town this Motown

15. Sunday: "Wake Up," The Arcade Fire
We're just a million little gods causing rain storms, turning every good thing to rust

16. Main Theme 2: "Life," Our Lady Peace
It's all messed up, but we'll survive

No comments:

Post a Comment