Friday, November 03, 2006

Booyah

You paid attention during 100% of high school!

85-100% You must be an autodidact, because American high schools don't get scores that high! Good show, old chap!

Do you deserve your high school diploma?
Create a Quiz



Quizzes are fun.

Speaking of fun -- Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazahkstan is absolutely fucking hilarious, and you should rush out and see it as soon as possible.

My at-work nemesis, who as remained nameless on these pages and will stay so, is leaving in two weeks, banished to Wal-Mart, where we'll all end up working in ten years or so. But HE'S GONE IN TWO WEEKS. NO MORE HELL! I AM FREE!

And I know I said great things about Scrubs yesterday, but seriously, where has this show been all my life? I must pay special attention to the episode "My Bed Banter & Beyond," which is one of the most marvelously crafted half-hours of television I've ever seen. How a show like that can manage to be so funny and yet so sad, so goofy and yet so poignant, I can't understand. And it seems so effortless, too -- and I hope the show's music supervisor is driving a Ferrari or something, because I've never seen music used as effectively on television before.

As proof of that last statement, I found this on YouTube: a sequence from an episode in the most recent season (five?) that uses the Fray's "How to Save a Life." It almost makes me bawl my eyes out every time.



*sniffle* I love this show.

No comments:

Post a Comment