Thursday, March 03, 2005

Lots and lots of work

My first website was put together in April of 2002. I later revamped the design, changed the name, and molded it into the website you're now reading. This would have been in...January of 2003.

The purpose of the site was to house movie reviews. I added a blog in February '03, only to give myself a place to talk about other things not movie-related, in a way that wouldn't get in the way of the reviews.

But now, as you can see, the blog has become the tail that wags the dog, and the reviews are almost an afterthought at times. Everything new that I add to the site I post on the blog...partly to ensure that people see it, but mostly because it's so much easier that way. Even the movie reviews go right to the blog now, a format which I think works best.

So I've now gone back and reformatted all (but one) of my old reviews into Blogger posts.

Ho-lee shit that took forever. But it's worth it, I think -- editing the Blogger template now makes sure that all but a handful of pages are consistent with the current design, with proper sidebar links and everything. It's much better for everyone.

And now that I've seen a movie this year, I can now start my screening log for this year. (The final version of 2004's can be seen here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment