Thursday, June 17, 2004

I get bad ideas, too

The other day, I was driving around and listening to White Zombie. The music reminded me that I never did write a review for Rob Zombie's film House of 1000 Corpses. So I decided to do one...but, of course, I had to actually watch the movie again to do so. So I hope it's worth it. Talk about suffering for my art.

Did some maintenence on this place. Changed my e-mail address (it's rocktmbstn@hotmail.com now), and added a fancy-schmancy screening log, keeping track of all the movies I see this year, even the ones I don't get around to reviewing...which, frankly, is most of them. The list is partially for you, the reader, but mostly for me, so when it gets to January and I'm trying make a top ten, I can remember everything I've seen.

Speaking of a top ten: someone mentioned to me a few days ago I never got around to making one. So:

The 10 Best of 2003
  1. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
  2. Kill Bill, Vol. 1
  3. Lost in Translation
  4. Mystic River
  5. Intolerable Cruelty
  6. Phone Booth
  7. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
  8. Matchstick Men
  9. X2: X-Men United
  10. Big Fish
And no, I never did see The Last Samurai. Or Master and Commander. Sue me.

And, since we're on the subject...

The Worst 5 of 2003
  1. House of 1000 Corpses
  2. Underworld
  3. The Matrix Revolutions
  4. Jeepers Creepers 2
  5. Freddy vs. Jason

Oh, and the Astros....

...I don't want to talk about it.

it didn't turn out the way you wanted it to
it didn't turn out the way you wanted it, did it?

No comments:

Post a Comment