Saturday, June 28, 2003

Well, if that happened in a movie, I wouldn't believe it

My friends and I watched P.T. Anderson's Magnolia last night. I swear, that movie gets better every single time I watch it. I tried to write a review of it just now, as I've tried to do in the past, but I can't do it. There's just too much there to say; to cram it all into a review seems impossible. Perhaps my own emotional attachment to the film is too great: after all, it sits at #4 on my 100 favorite films list. I can't see myself reviewing The Silence of the Lambs, either.

After the movie, we broke out the coolest board game ever that isn't Clue: HeroQuest. Or, as I described it to a friend of mine, "Dungeons & Dragons, except not shitty." That game rules. We played only one quest, and we all got our asses kicked. I've rarely had that much fun losing.

I'm working on something that I'll post here, probably before the weekend's over. It's something of a non-fiction piece that I've wanted to write for years now. The first part is done, so you should be seeing it before Sunday's out.

He said, "It's all in your head."
And I said, "So is everything," but he didn't get it...

No comments:

Post a Comment