Wednesday, June 25, 2003

Sacrelige

So right now, I'm watching The Godfather Part III, which I've actually never seen before. The Godfather? Seen it a dozen times, gets better every time. The Godfather Part II? Incredible. So now I'm watching the third one. I'm 49:21 into it as I right this. And may I just ask....

What the fuck?!

This...is HORRIBLE. And everyone seems to know it -- Pacino looks bored and pissed off. Diane Keaton looks like she wants her agent's head on a platter. And Sophia Coppola is the worst actress since...ever. The only one who looks like he gives a damn is Andy Garcia, and he's got nothing to work with.

This is why sequels are a bad idea. Sometimes, you get a good one, like...well, The Godfather Part II. But most of the time, you get this.

In more pleasant news, I bought Evanescence's Fallen today. I won't bore you with a big long review, but I'll just say that it kicks a healthy amount of ass. And no matter what "Bring Me to Life" may make you think, they do not sound like Linkin Park at all for the rest of the album. In fact, a couple of songs -- "My Immortal," "Hello" -- get into a Fiona Apple/Tori Amos vibe. And I'll say this: this chick can sing, my friends. Oh yes.

It's my birthday tomorrow. Hoo-ah.

Leave the gun. Take the cannolis.

No comments:

Post a Comment