Sunday, February 08, 2009

Gee, Chang not see that coming

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss just won Album of the Year at the Grammys. What a shock! I certainly didn't see that -- oh, wait, yes I did.
Radiohead is the other band the voters like to hose, so don't get too excited over the Album of the Year nod for In Rainbows. Even though it's the best record on that list. That doesn't matter. Not even a little bit. At all. The award will actually go to, as it always does, the oldest and/or deadest nominee -- in this case, Robert Plant, who's been dead since 1989.
--me, two months ago
Can I call 'em, or can I call 'em, folks?

Best live performance of the night? Neil Diamond, of all people, strolling his way through "Sweet Caroline." Runner-up: Radiohead and the USC Marching Band.

Aside from that: three and a half hours I want back.

So, typical Grammys.

No comments:

Post a Comment