Saturday, September 17, 2005

DVD Frame Grab Quiz #1

(Listening to: The Mars Volta, Frances the Mute)

The next episode of Revolver, "Careful With That Axe, Eugene," is under construction and will be ready within the next few days. I promise.

Now, some of you may have been wondering what happened to my List of the Week feature. I haven't done one in a while. There were a few problems: I was really tired on Sundays when it came time to write it; I didn't have my computer (and still don't -- I'm still banging away on a loaner); but most importantly, it was really hard to come up with lists.

So: a change of plan. I'll be doing lists every other week now -- that'll give me plenty of time to come up with ideas. And on the off-weeks, I'll steal an idea from film critic Bryant Frazer and present the DVD Frame Grab Quiz.

This one's really simple. I select -- completely at random -- three DVDs from my collection. I then proceed to capture a frame from each one, and it's your job to guess from whence they came. Easy, no? I'll make it as hard as I can without cheating and capturing a shot of someone's rear tire or something. (And no snagging clips from special features or anything like that. I play fair.)

Since it's a random choice which discs are chosen, there's no overriding theme...at least, not intentionally. And for each quiz, I'll provide one hint -- how helpful it is may vary.

If you need help, you can find a link to my DVD collection over on the right. You can e-mail or IM your guesses to me, or feel free to leave them in the comments.

So here we go. Your hint this time: only two of the three frames are from movies.

Good luck. Larger versions of the images can be found here -- don't click on the images themselves.

Image 1


Image 2


Image 3

No comments:

Post a Comment