Saturday, February 15, 2003

The kind of mail I get.

Anybody else out there seen something along these lines? I must get three of these things -- all worded exactly the same -- every day.

(received just moments ago)

Subj: rocktmbstn,hi there...:)
Date: 2/15/2003 12:11:15 AM Central Standard Time
From: sexylaurie8a5pf@att.net
To: rocktmbstn@aol.com


First thing I hope this is the right email address rocktmbstn@aol.com ...:) You probably don't remember me, but we talked online a while ago.

I don't really know what happened, but I guess we both just got really busy or something. I feel really bad because I don't want you to think I was ignoring you or anything.

Anyway, I know we haven't talked in a while but I thought we had the beginnings of a pretty good thing going so I was just wondering if you'd be interested in getting back in touch. Maybe with a few emails first so we can feel each other out again?

You probably don't remember what I look like, there are some pics of me at:

http://www.secretsexads.com/

My User name is laurie243 .

I hope you're still interested. I'm gonna feel pretty dumb showing you that website if you blow me off.....but I hope that gives you some confidence that I'm for real. I DEFINITELY don't just hand that out to people.

I hope this works out for the best, you were the most compatible guy I met on that site and I feel horrible for letting it slide.

Anyway, check out the site and email me if you want to get together. I hope so. Talk to you soon!

Love ,XX

Laurie

Well, a few things come to mind right away:

1) "You were the most compatible guy I met on that site." What site was this, exactly?

2) I've never met, spoken to, or otherwise come in contact with anyone named Laurie in my life.

Now, what is going through the minds of the people at secretsexads.com, who obviously sent this to me? Do they think I'm really stupid enough to fall for this and go to their site? And if that's the case, why are they shooting themselves in the foot by sending it to me over and over and over again?

The weird thing is that, about a year ago, I did exchange several e-mails with a girl named Leslie, and if they'd used that name, they might've gotten me (although there was no "site" for me to be "the most compatible guy" on involved). But in every one of these mails, it's always Laurie.

My morbid curiosity is begging me to go to this site just to find out who this mysterious Laurie is, should she actually exist. I'm betting it's merely a ploy to get me to go to the site and get blitzed by the pop-up ads.

If anyone from secretsexads.com is reading this, just so you know: it's time for a new plan of attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment