Sunday, December 10, 2006

A winner is you!

In all my vitriol in my last post, I forgot to offer a hearty "Congratulation!" to Tool and "Weird Al" Yankovic, musical heroes of mine who are each nominated for a pair of Grammies. Tool's song "Vicarious" is nominated for Best Hard Rock Performance, while their album, 10,000 Days, is up for Best Recording Package (and it should totally win -- it's the most inventive package I've ever seen, with stereoscopic images and built-in 3D lenses). Mr. Yankovic, meanwhile, picked up two nominations for his latest album, Straight Outta Lynwood: one for Best Comedy Album, and another for Best Surround Sound Album.

The awards will be handed out (probably to someone else) on February 11. Against my better judgement, I will probably watch the show. And I will, for some reason, be surprised when once again the voters give a Grammy to someone who doesn't deserve one. Eventually, I'll learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment