Monday, November 14, 2005

Movie quiz #2: Fill-in-the-blanks

(Listening to: Extraordinary Machine, Fiona Apple)

So, here we are, Sunday night/Monday morning. I'm dead tired, and WordPerfect's blinking cursor is practically laughing at me and my feeble attempts to get some actual writing done. Instead, I give you some filler movie-related goofiness. I'm sure you recall my frame grab quiz; this is a little different. This time, a simple fill-in-the-blanks test. I supply quotes from ten various films, only with the titles deleted. You must provide the title for each one. And no using IMDB, either, 'cause that would be cheating. And you're not a cheater, are you?

Simple, no? I thought so. Most of these are pretty easy, so you shouldn't need much help, but I will give a single hint: I kinda-sorta cheated on one these. The blank is actually the subtitle of the film in question -- it's a sequel, see, and the proper title is never spoken. And, also, each blank is the same length no matter how long the title, so don't think that can used as a clue. I'm sure you can figure out the rest.

You can provide me with your answers however you wish. E-mail, comments, AIM. First person to correctly name all then films will receive a fantastic, one-of-a-kind no-prize.

1.
"_________________, by S. Morgenstern. Chapter One...."

2.
*phone rings*
"Hello, _________________." *pause* "Yes, of course they're serious."

3.
"We _________________ be stealin' the gold--"
"Shut up, Conrad."

4.
"A guy who came to _________________ for the first time, his ass was a wad of cookie dough. After a weeks, he was carved out of wood."

5.
"Find the _________________."
"How do I even know which one has it?"
"It's always the more gifted of the three."

6.
"I offer a toast: _________________." *blank stares* "The future."
All: "_________________!"
"Hamlet, act three, scene one."

7.
"You,
Doin' _________________,
Breaking my heart into a million pieces,
Like you always do.
And you,
Don't mean to be cruel.
You never even knew about the heartache
I've been going through.
Well, I try and try to forget you girl,
But it's just so hard to do
Every time you do _________________!"

8.
"What in heaven's name brought you to _________________?"
"My health. I came to _________________ for the waters."
"The waters? What waters? We're in the desert!"
"I was misinformed."

9.
"Look, pal, there never was any money. _________________ gave me an empty briefcase, so take it up with him, man."

10.
"Doctor..."
"Come on, what? What?"
"Always _________________."
"That's it?"
"That's it."

No comments:

Post a Comment