Monday, August 18, 2003

If the Oscars were held today...

My oh my, what a bad year it's been at the movies. Just dreadful flicks as far as the eye can see.

But, I'm determined to look at the positive, so here are my picks for the various Oscar categories as of August 18, 2003 (though it should be pointed out that I've yet to see Seabiscuit)....

Best Picture: Phone Booth
Director: Joel Schumacher, Phone Booth
Actor: Johnny Depp, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
Actress: Naomie Harris, 28 Days Later
Supporting Actor: Kiefer Sutherland, Phone Booth
Supporting Actress: Claire Danes, Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (See what I'm talking about? I know, technically, this is propably a lead. But I've got nothin'.)
Original Screenplay: Phone Booth
Adapted Screenplay: Pirates of the Caribbean (Would this be considered adapted? It is "based" on something.)
Cinematography: Phone Booth
Editing: Phone Booth
Sound: Matrix Reloaded
Sound Editing: Matrix Reloaded
Score: Pirates of the Caribbean
Visual Effects: Pirates of the Caribbean
Makeup: Pirates of the Caribbean
Costume Design: Pirates of the Caribbean
Art Direction: Pirates of the Caribbean

So it's Phone Booth, Pirates of the Caribbean, and a whole lotta crap. This year sucks.

I'm working on a new list to add to my writing section. Should be up in the next few days.


The universe is a pretty big place. And if it's just us...seems like an awful waste of space.

No comments:

Post a Comment